Your Charitable Donation
The Keokuk County Community Endowment Foundation (KCCEF) works with individuals, families, corporations, businesses and trusts to meet their charitable giving goals. We offer a wide range of donation options that can be used to establish or enhance a charitable fund. Establishing your own fund does not require great wealth and it is not complicated either. By working with the KCCEF, you can provide support to charitable organizations during your lifetime, as a lasting legacy, or both!
Our community benefits from both large and small gifts given through the KCCEF. Becoming a donor is an easy way to help support the community where you were born, have lived your life, or raised your family. There are many options and we invite you to find the one that works best for you. We would be happy to speak with you or your financial advisor to answer any questions.
Charitable Giving Funds
- A charitable giving fund is a highly personal approach to giving, customized with your interests in mind. They provide a simple way for you to support the causes and organizations you care about locally. You can use cash, stock or other assets, like those listed on this page, to create a named fund, qualify for immediate state and federal tax deductions, and choose the charities you want to support.
Endow Iowa Tax Credits
- Your donation can receive immediate tax benefits, even if you give over time. By working with the Keokuk County Community Endowment Foundation and our parent organization, the Community Foundation of Greater Des Moines, your gift may be eligible for the Endow Iowa Tax Credit Program, a 25% state tax credit available on qualified gifts, in addition to normal federal charitable income tax deductions.
Gifts We Accept
- Real estate (home, farmland)
- Marketable & other securities
- Closely held corporations
- Tangible personal property (art, boats)
- IRA, 401(k), or other retirement accounts
- Life insurance
- Charitable gift annuities
- Gifts designated in a will or estate plan
- Charitable remainder trusts
Iowa Community Foundations Working Together
By joining with other community foundations across the state, Keokuk County Community Endowment Foundation is able to offer more comprehensive services to both our donors, and to the organizations and communities to which we award grants. All of the giving options outlined on the Community Foundation of Greater Des Moines website to which you are directed on the links above, are available in conjunction with KCCEF. Rest assured that even though your gift may be established by the officers at CFGDM, our local board of directors will ensure that your gift will only be used locally in the manner in which you designate.